Saturday, February 18, 2012

love birds



Posted by PicasaEvery Wednesday I check out Splitcoaststampers for the weekly tutorial.  One week, they showcased the Herringbone tutorial.  This is a great way to use up scraps of patterned paper  or to use up old stock. I decided to grab scraps of old patterned paper.  When this patterned paper came out (from Stampin' Up) I fell in love with it.  Well its been retired for a few years now and I have a lot of it.  

Since its February, I was inspired to make a romantic card, but I didn't want it to be a Valentine's Card.  The colour combination is Basic Gray, Kiwi Kiss, Not Quite Navy, Baha Breeze, and Very Vanilla.  I decided to use the Love Birds from the Olive You stamp set from Stampin' Up!.  The birds are so sweet.  I used Nestabilites Label 18 to cut out the image.  I then sponged the edges.  I wrapped some Kiwi Kiss satin ribbon around the herringbone base and tied a knot, then placed the love birds on top.  To finish it off, I added some Dazzling Details to the stamped image.  Its a perfect card for an anniversary or wedding.  


No comments:

Post a Comment