Saturday, November 12, 2011

Birthday Invite

My son's first birthday is coming up so I'm planning a party for him.  I decided to make the theme Polar Bears, since he was born in winter and we have snow.  I'm going to be making a polar bear cake for him to enjoy, so I thought I should make coordinating invitations.  I used the teddy bear image from the Teddy and Train stamp set from Stampin' Up!.  I stamped it in Sahara Sand and then used heat and stick powder to add dazzling diamonds.  This gives the impression of a polar bear covered in snow.  Since the invite his for my son's birthday, blue was the color.  I used Bashful Blue and Marina Mist.  Since he's only turning 1, I figured I could get away with using soft colors instead of bold colors.  The card may seem to be babyish, but Caius is my baby boy.  I don't want him growing up to fast.Posted by Picasa

1 comment: