Saturday, June 11, 2011

Candles, Candles, and more Candles



Awhile back my mother-in-law asked if I could make her some candles for her dining area and living room.  She wanted roosters for the dining area and lavender for the living room.  With this as my inspiration I came up with 2 sets of candles.  I really love the rooster candles.  I stamped the image with Staz On on white tissue paper.  I then watercoloured the image and then heat set on the candle.  I added some ribbon and twine and Voila!  They look really good on the wrough iron stands.

Since the lavender image I was using was small, I had to come up with a way to make a larger image.  I decided to create backgrounds for the lavender.  On the large candle, I brayered a sky with Marina Mist and Rich Razzleberry.  On the middle candle, I sponged a sky with the same colors.  For the small candle, the lavender image was the perfect size, so I added a bit of Bashful Blue around the lavender.  Since Stampin' Up! doesn't have a lavender color I used Perfect Plum.  For a ribbon, I used Certainly Celery striped grosgrain.

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment