Tuesday, March 22, 2011

While checking out various blogs I came across one technique that was neat.  I'm not sure what the technique is called or which blog I learned it from but I would like to pass the credit on to whom ever deserves it.  

Basically, you stamp your image in black ink (I used Staz On) and then color however you want.   I decided to color my flowers (I used a retired stamp set, Delight in Life) with the Aqua Painters and Stampin' Classic ink pads (Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, and So Saffron).  This creates a watercolor effect.  Once I was done coloring, I covered the entire image with VersaMark ink (I used the Versamarker).  I then added Clear EP and heated it with my heat too.  Once the EP is done melting, you have a glassy image.  I think this technique really makes the colors of the flowers pop.  I added some ribbon (Certainly Celery Striped grosgrain) and embossed the background (Elegant Bouquet embossing folder) and I was done. 
This card is perfect for any occasion, but I chose to use it as an anniversary card.

I hope you give this technique a try.

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment