Thursday, February 3, 2011

Pierced Valentines

Valentine's Day is only a couple of weeks away.  So for Valentine's Day, I made a simple but elegant card. The layout is simple and plain, but what makes this card pop is the paper piercing around the circles. The large bow just finishes it off. 
I used the "I {Heart} Hearts" stamp set; the Mat Pack and a paper piercer; 1 1/2" striped grosgrain ribbon (Pretty in Pink); Blushing Bride, Perfect Plum, and Sahara Sand card stock; valentine's rub-ons (I can't remember the name) from the Occasions mini;  and  Perfect Plum Classic Stampin' ink.

I found wonderful directions for piercing circles over at Splitcoaststampers.  Click here for the tutorial by Beate Johns, who does wonderful tutorials.

I hope you give paper piercing a shot, it really does add to your cards.

Have a wonderful month full of love

Kristy

No comments:

Post a Comment