Friday, March 5, 2010

Friendly Inspiration

I'm really into challenges this week.  I love how they inpsire you to do something you may not have thought of doing.  This week over at Stampin' Royalty, they are challenging us with a photo.

We are to use the photo as inpsiration to come up with a card, scrapbook page, or 3-D project.  I chose to do a CAS card  (after I posted this the first time Clean & Simple, put up a challenge using circles).  
Here it is:
I used the blackboard as inspiration for my base.  I then used the white room as inspiration for my background.  The colors are inspired by the flower pots and the image was inspired by the grass.  
At first, I thought this was going to be a difficult challenge. But soon parts of the photo grabbed my attention.  I used these parts as the inspiration.  The best part, was this card took me no more than 10 minutes to make.  Its perfect for thinking of you, thank you, or birthday cards.  I might have to make up a batch.

Thats all for today.  I encourage you to check out the various blogs that feature challenges. You might surprise yourself.

Have a  great day stamping.

Kristy

Supplies:
All supplies used is Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted
  • Basic Black cardstock
  • Whisper White Cardstock
  • Real Red Cardstock
  • Old Olive cardstock
  • Brocade Blue cardstock
  • Dusty Durango cardstock
  • Crushed Curry cardstock
  • 1/4" Very Vanilla grosgrain ribbon
  • Old Olive Classic Stampin' pad
  • Basic Black Classic Stampin' pad
  • Circle Punches:  1/2", 1", 1 3/8"
  • Pocket Silhouettes stamp set

6 comments:

  1. Great card! So clean and simple! Thanks so much for playing with us at Stampin Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, how fun is this! Awesome job!

    Thanks for playing along with us @ CAS Stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the inspiration picture.
    Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stampin’ Royalty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the idea for a man card. Also, thanks for all the nice comments you've left on my blog! I love reading them.
    BTW...this card would also make a great man card! :)
    Mikki

    ReplyDelete