Thursday, March 11, 2010

Crazy Color Combo

I was browsing through the different Color Challenges that I follow and I decided to try one out.  Diva Coffee Break Designs has a color combo that is a little crazy.  At least I would never have thought to put those four colors together.  At first glance, I didn't know how to put them together.  I decided to flip through some of their past sketch challenges and found one that I thought would be perfect for this color combo.  
Here is the Color Combo:
[color168+copy.jpg]
Can you understand my initial reaction?
Here is the sketch I used: 
[DCBD165.jpg] 
 I used a few more layers on my card so the colors wouldn't over power each other.

Here it is:
With this color combo I was worried the Bermuda Bay would too bright and overwhelming, but with just a hint, it works perfectly.  
I love the Vintage Vogue set  (118598  Clear mount).  I just got it in the other day, but I love it.  I'm after I've finished moving, I will be able to sit down and make a whole pile of cards using this set.  

Until next time, happy stamping.

Kristy


Supplies:

All Stampin' Up!® unless otherwise stated:
  • Soft Suede cardstock
  • Soft Suede Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Bermuda Bay Cardstock
  • Cameo Coral Cardstock
  • Cameo Coral Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Certainly Celery Classic Stampin' Pad
  • Very Vanilla Cardstock
  • Vintage Vogue clear mount

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous! I'm coveting that stamp set. and your pastels. haha

    ReplyDelete