Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Challenges...

I've been a little busy lately but today I decided I would make a card.  I had 3 different challenges to inspire me, but due to be too busy I didn't make the card in time to submit it to all the challenges.  Anyways here's the card.
The three challenges that inspired this card are: 
  1. Clean & Simple FTL 79
  2. SP Color Combo # 35
  3. Stampin' Royalty Masculine Challenge
The layout is slightly different from the the FTL challenge.  I didn't had the cute ribbon cut on the end of the Glorious Green cardstock.  I thought that was too feminine for this masculine card.  
The colors were a bit of a challenge.  I would never have thought to put these colors together but they work well.  I love the sharp contrast with the black background.  I really like the Only Orange cardstock.  I really need to use it more.
Making the card masculine wasn't too hard.  I just had to find the right stamp and a the Cheers to You stamp set was perfect.  What man doesn't love beer?

If only I had this card done in time to submit it to all the challenges...maybe next time.

I really do enjoy doing challenges.  They make me think.  The best part is I get to try things that I wouldn't necessarily think of on my own.  I really do encourage you to challenge yourself.  

Supplies for Cheers Card
All supplies is Stampin' Up! products unless otherwise stated.
Stamp Sets:
  • Cheers to You (114944)
Paper:
  • Basic Black cardstock
  • Glorious Green cardstock
  • Summer Sun cardstock
  • Only Orange cardstock
  • Whisper White cardstock
Ink:
  • Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad
Techniques:
  • I cut out the foam part of the image and popped it up using Stampin' Dimensionals.
To order any of the supplies that I used, please  visit my website.
Thanks for stopping by.  I hope you have a great day and remember to challenge yourself.

Kristy

3 comments:

  1. Tee hee.....love the mug of beer! Perfect for a guy!! Great job with the sketch!

    ♥♥♥Lea

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally cute!

    Thank you so much for playing along with us this week @ Clean & Simple Stamping. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love participating in challenges too! It's definitely a challenge to incorporate 3 - good job doing so! :)

    ReplyDelete